Rooting your Android device voids its warranty. In addition, you may end up bricking your phone if you exceed the normal rooting parameters.So, there's a root user access, and getting to it is called rooting. But why rooting? What is the purpose? The answer is straight and simple - to be your own boss. By default, the root user is kept hidden, and your user account on an Android is created with limited privileges. Rooting gives you administrative permissions to the file system on your Android.
Here's why you should root your Android device:
- Run apps that need administrative permissions.
- Chuck out bloatware - default apps in the device or basic Android apps that you never use and are just sitting there eating away your memory and resources.
- Google, your carrier and hardware manufacturers are serious procrastinators. They will release updates after updates of Android OS, but they are rolled out to you in a pretty leisurely fashion. Instead of falling behind, root your device, jump onto a good Android developers community online, and get the latest Android updates much before your carrier rolls it out to you.
DISCLAIMER: This Buzzle article is for informative purposes only. Different devices and different OS versions may require different rooting processes. Buzzle will, in no way, be responsible for any adverse effects of rooting.
Rooting an Android
1. First and foremost, backup your data. This is too technical a process to risk your data. Plenty of free apps can be found in the Play Store for the same.
2. Download and install Java JDK and Android SDK on your computer. Android SDK MUST be installed after the Java JDK installation is done.
3. Under Settings Applications Development, tap on USB Debugging to enable debug mode when you connect your Android device to your computer. Now connect your device to your computer using the USB cable provided with it.
4. From here on, the process is fairly simple. Install the SuperOneClick tool on your computer. It supports a long list of devices and is practically flawless in its rooting process.
5. Once you run the SuperOneClick tool, click the Root button and leave it to the tool to perform the rest of the task.
6. Once done, you will see a dialog box that says Root install has completed. Would you like a run test? Click on Yes, and restart your Android device.
7. SuperOneClick will automatically invoke the superuser on your device by installing the Superuser binary.
8. From here on, whenever an app needs root user level permission, it will flash the dialog box that asks you to allow or deny permission to the app, since you are now the superuser! To change privileges and configure app permissions, you can go to the SuperOneClick app.
Should You Root?
If you have the technical know-how, this decision is up to you. There are plenty of unroot tools available too, so if you screw up, it isn't always a dead end. For those who have very basic technical knowledge of mobile OS and stuff, be careful. One-click tools allow you easy and safe rooting options, but you have to decide if you really need to root your device in the first place. Rooting is a risky proposition, in addition to voiding your device's warranty, it may brick your device - turn it into a useless rock forever. Additionally, some apps have loopholes, which can be a serious security concern in a rooted Android environment. Your device, and consequently, your personal data, could be at risk in such a situation.
Weigh the pros and cons properly, hop around the internet and look for what results others with the same device as yours have experienced while rooting, and only then make your decision very carefully.
Rooting for dummies: A beginner's guide to rooting your Android ...www.androidauthority.com How To
Rooting your Android phone is a term that you are bound to come across at some point or another while learning how to optimize your Android device. With millions of ...
How to Root Android (Phone or Tablet)www.oneclickroot.com/how-to-root-androi
Four Easy Steps to Root Android Phone or Tablet: ... to make it seem like you have a new phone without actually paying hundreds of dollars for the latest Android device.
How to Root an Android Device Android.AppStormandroid.appstorm.net/.../how-to-root-an-android-device
Id like to clear up some misconceptions: rooting doesnt mean installing a custom ROM like CyanogenMod, and it doesnt necessarily mean wiping your internal ...
How To Root Your Android Phone Or Tablet - AddictiveTips -www.addictivetips.com/mobile/how-to-root-your
We have been covering rooting procedures for several Android devices in the past and in this post, we aim to bring them all together. In the beginning, you
How To Root an Android Device - TheUnlockrtheunlockr.com/2012/09/05/how-to-root-an-android-device
If you are looking to root your Android phone or tablet, then here is where you should start. Firstly, I'd suggest brushing up on some of the terminolo
How to Root Your Android Device & Why You Might Want Towww.howtogeek.com/115297/how-to-root-your-android
Youve probably heard of people rooting their Android phones. If youve ever wondered how to do that yourself or wondered why people would bother ...
How to Root Your Android Device: Scientific Americanwww.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=how-to-root-your-android...
Scientific American presents Tech Talker by Quick & Dirty Tips. Scientific American and Quick & Dirty Tips are both Macmillan companies. Last week I did an episode on ...
How and Why to Root your Android: 15 Worthwhile Apps - To Rootwww.tomsguide.com/us/Root-Your-Android-Phone,review-1688.html
Rooting your Android smartphone might seem like a daunting task, but we'll show you how to make the process as easy and painless as possible. Rooting your Android ...
One Click Root Android Rooting Softwarewww.oneclickroot.com
Unfortunately, most Android builds prevent you from doing this. After rooting your Android device, youll find this problem to be a thing of the past.
How to root your Android phone or tablet Digital Trendswww.digitaltrends.com Android Army
What is Android rooting? Why would you want to do it and what might give you pause? How do you root your Android device? We answer these questions and more.
Android rooting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopediaen.wikipedia.org/wiki/Android_rooting"Rooting" vs ... Description Process Industry reaction Legality
Android rooting is the process of allowing users of smartphones, tablets, and other devices running the Android mobile operating system to attain privileged control ...
How To Easily Root Your Android Device - Ahmstas Blog ...www.ahmsta.com Mobile android
When it comes to one of the modern day highly preferred, most used mbile Operating system till date, The Android OS is a catch. The OS is very easy to customize, No ...
How To Root An Android Device Without Using A PCwww.techsling.com/2013/01/how-to-root-an-android-device-without...
You will rarely find any way to root an Android device with another android device, mobile phone or tablet.
Tech Talker : How to Root Your Android Device :: Quick andtechtalker.quickanddirtytips.com/how-to-root-your-android-device.aspx
How to Root Your Android Device So how do you root your Android device? Well, Google does things a bit differently from other tech companies such as Apple, ...
5 reasons to root your Android device - Technology News and ...betanews.com/2012/11/07/5-reasons-to-root-your-android-device
Rooting is a guilty pleasure. The practice may start out innocently, but can void the phone's warranty. Some manufacturers try to prevent users from running apps with ...
9 Reasons to Root Your Android Device - Gizmodo - Gizmodo,gizmodo.com/5982287
To root or not to root? That is the question. Rooting your Android device definitely pushes you up a level or two in your geekdom. It requires a certain level of ...
How To Root Your Android Phone With SuperOneClick -www.makeuseof.com/tag/root-android-phone-superoneclick-2
Mar 16, 2011 However, the one single thing that I could not let myself do is root my Android phone. ... These apps work on the large majority of Android devices.
How to Root Your Android Device!! APK ARCHIVEwww.apkarchive.com/how-to-root-your-android-device
Youve probably heard of people rooting their Android phones. If youve ever wondered how to do that yourself or wondered why people would
How to Root Any Android 4.0 or Android 4.1 Devicethenextweb.com/google/2012/09/17/this-script-lets-root-android-4-0...
Last week we told you about a tool that lets you root any HTC Android device. If you dont like HTC, but are still on Android, then we have good news for you: there ...
How to Root Your Android Device (Root Transmission Method ...theunlockr.com/2012/12/09/how-to-root-your-android-device-root...
Ever wondered if you could root an Android Device using another Android device? Yes, many times but couldn't find a way to get it to work. Well, that imagi
How to Root ANY Android Device - Droidiser Android + Techwww.droidiser.com/2012/05/how-to-root-any-android-device.html
Hello Folks! I'm here with another useful how-to guide. This is a follow-up article to my previous article rooting your Android device which cleared your doubts ...
Why Root Your Android Device? Advantages Of Rooting An Androidwww.ampercent.com/android-rooting/11259
This post introduces to rooting an android device, how one can root their android, the pros and cons of rooting and some basic facts about rooting.